Khushboo is the Founder and Director of Not Just Tales, a registered organization working in the areas of storytelling, writing, theatre, drama, teacher training, and applied training using stories and games. She is a Post Graduate in Human Resource Management. She comes with more than 11 years of experience in training, facilitating educational programs in schools and corporates. Her experience in skill development programs for corporates, teachers, and children has enabled her to curate programs focusing on the Emotional and Intellectual Quotient of her audience.
Khushboo’s tryst with stories began as an expecting mother trying to know about motherhood. Before becoming a KathaVachak (Storyteller), she was a corporate working as the Head of the HR Department. As a KathaVachak in the last few years, she has carved a niche for herself by serving teachers, children, parents, and adults alike to unlock the magic of Storytelling, Drama, Theatre, and Games. Her Unique Programs like “THE STORY BOND”, “STORYTELLING & PROCESS DRAMA IN CLASSROOM”, and “WHAT’S YOUR STORY IN BUSINESS?” have been appreciated and well received by Parents, Teachers, and Entrepreneurs. Her flagship program “LITTLE KATHAKAR” has enabled thousands of children to express themselves freely either in writing or speaking. Khushboo is working on how to draw solutions to our day-to-day challenges from the story and drama world.
Khushboo aspires to transform storytelling from a bedtime activity for kids to a device that enables us all to unlock our hidden potential. It is her endeavor to help children, teenagers, and adults to express themselves freely, express their emotions, thoughts, build on ideas, help them to process their feelings, be in connection with their feelings and emotions through storytelling. Her programs are designed to push her audience to think and perceive beyond what can be perceived by our 5 senses. Khushboo believes that “stories that we tell ourselves either make us or breaks us. Hence it is important for us to buy the appropriate stories. Yes we buy stories psychologically”.
Storytelling and Drama are Khushboo’s passion and forte. She has participated in national and international storytelling festivals both as a performer and a workshop facilitator. She aspires to empower every teacher, parent, and child with the tools of storytelling and drama to make learning fun, experiential, and enrich life skills. Her expertise in English, Hindi & Marwari enables her to bring flavor and spices in her performances.
Areas of Expertise
• Public Speaking through Storytelling for Preteens , Teenagers & Adults
• Art of Storytelling
• Performance Storytelling
• Participatory Storytelling
• Training for Trainers, Parents & Teachers
• Creative Writing for children
• Life Skills through drama and theatre.
• Creating original stories for entrepreneurs and startups.
• Self-Exploration & Self- Expression through applied storytelling and drama.
• Use of Folk Tales, Panchatantra, Jatakas, Hitopdesa & Mythology in applied training.
• Handmade tales around food, life, childhood, healing, growth and nurturing.
Certifications & Personal Learning- Developing Subject Matter Expertise
1. Personal Coaching to polish the art and craft of storytelling by Jeeva Raghunathan.
2. Three Worlds, intensive training on story and storytelling by Akshay Gandhi (Founder of Still Theatre Space).
3. Art of Creating Folktales by Vikram Sridhar (Co-Founder of Bangalore Storytelling Society).
4. Know your Antagonist by Vikram Sridhar (Co-Founder of Bangalore Storytelling Society).
5. Ethology in Indian Oral Literature by Vikram Sridhar (Co-Founder of Bangalore Storytelling Society).
6. Integrating Process Drama in School Curriculum by Surekha Dey,(Co-Founder of Singapore Storytelling Society).
7. Integrating Storytelling in School Curriculum by Surekha Dey (Co-Founder of Singapore Storytelling Society).
8. Advance Storytelling by Surekha Dey (Co-Founder of Singapore Storytelling Society).
9. The Writer’s Craft on Poetry by Surekha Dey (Co-Founder of Singapore Storytelling Society)
10. International Public Speaking from Chatter Box.
11. Elementary Storytelling by Rituparna Ghosh (Founder of Your Story Bag).
12. Visual Storytelling by Storyteller Geetanjali Shetty Kaul (Founder of Secret Passages).
13. Tell True Compelling Stories with Sage Trytle.
14. Vocal Freedom & Breath Control by Divya RT (Founder of Voxcoach).
15. Graphology and Elementary Handwriting Analysis by Nitin Shinde (Founder of Write Attitude).
16. Speech and Drama and Performing Text from Trinity College London (GRADE 8).
International & National Festivals
Khushboo has participated as a performer and facilitator in some of the most prestigious storytelling and literature festivals at the National and International Level.
1. Chennai Storytelling Festival 2021.
2. Hubbub, 2021.
3. Kutumb, 2021.
1. Yellow Class
2. Ira Cultural Academy
3. On The Go Kids
6. Home Bakers Club
Connect with KathaVachak Khushboo: Would love to weave a story for you.
Whatsapp: +91 9166488881
Email: [email protected]
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/not-just-tales-by-kathavachak-khushboo-2198221b0