We’re all very familiar with the current working scenario. The pandemic is still prevalent while we adventurously venture out to work. Some companies have still not come out of the woods but are having their employees work from home for all the right reasons. After all, safety to health and life is of paramount importance.
In all of this, there is still a constant that has been prevalent even before the pandemic – the skills gap. Every professional requires a skill-building employee training and development program. There are essentially a few crucial ways to create such a program.
- Define the Objectives of the Training Program
Yes, you want your employees to get better at what they do and increase productivity. How do you want to achieve this? The objectives you set for the training program will help define the ‘how’.
- Identify the Skills gap in the Organization at Every Level
You may have to create more than just one employee training and development program. This is because your organization if it has a hierarchy structure, will have different work approaches to manage. So, identifying the skills gap at each level will also help further define the objectives of the training program.
- Select the Right Training Software
How are you going to train your employees? A percentage of your organization is present at work while the rest are working from home. So, an online training program will most probably be your choice. Adding to this, you need to choose the right kind of software depending on what you are teaching and how you are going to deploy the training.
- Are the training modules mobile-friendly? – Your employees may want a break from their daily laptop screen-time. A mobile screen offers no remorse but most viewing of courses and learning happens on the mobile.
- Are the features easy-to-use? – Your employees who are already exhausted from achieving daily KPIs will require the training software to be a convenient model for learning.
- How do you want your employees to learn? – Your employees could learn from a Learning Management System (LMS) that is interactive or from an online course where they simply take down notes and are asked to complete specific assignments.
Develop your workforce not only to drive profit but to help your employee’s growth as well. This increases employee-retaining power in the organization. Of course, this is not the only factor that helps retain employees. Check out how to counsel troubled employees. But apart from this, I hope this guide to create an effective employee training and development program will help you and your organization progress in the right direction.
- Why Should Your Organization Consider PoSH Training
- Why Indian Working Professionals Need Soft Skills Training
- 7 rules to set up a Master Performance Review System
- Corporate Communications: 5 Steps to Choose the Right Communication Channels